Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Gourmet is back!

I was among many who mourned the shuttering of Gourmet magazine, both as an amateur cook and a PR professional. As we have said before here on InkLings, we value great content, and would be more than happy to pay a premium for it. There is certainly a place for mass-produced content when it comes to things that matter little or don't require thoughtful analysis. However, when it comes to cooking, I want an expert to weigh in on the best way to roast a Thanksgiving turkey, or the best possible recipe for pancakes on a Sunday morning -- thank you Ruth Reichle for showing me the way.

I am thrilled to see Gourmet in its new incarnation. At first glance at their video it looks like it will combine some social tools to make it very accessible. I am in your corner Gourmet and can't wait to see what it brings!

No comments:

Post a Comment